Forestry products are now at www.OrionForestry.co.uk
You will be redirected to our new site in 5 seconds, if not please click here
Please wait while you are redirected...or Click Here if you do not want to wait.
For controlling and directing the fall of trees, safely and precisely
- The Tree-Jack is an indispensable tool for safe tree felling along-side roads, power lines or when close to houses. Basically wherever you need to create a clear ‘Safe-Zone’ for felling.
- Indispensable when it comes to cutting down a leaning tree in a certain direction.
- The Tree-Jack is equipped with safety crank. It only moves when you turn it. Otherwise it bears the full weight safely.
- The Tree-Jack is equipped with a folding handle
- The Tree-Jack can be cranked out 85 cm, which means you get the tree over in one operation.
- The Tree-Jack is equipped with a special foot with the corners bent in. Able to stand on firm ground, or a big piece of wood, a branch etc when the ground is soft.
- The Tree-Jack is equipped with a belt (models I, II, III) so it can be carried on the shoulder. Models IV, V and VI are larger and heavier to come with a handle.
- The department of safety in Sweden approves Tree-Jack. Plus each model is CE marked for use throughout Europe.
“Just to let you know that I have just put both the Reipal Tree Jack and the Logrite Canthook/Logstand through a thorough days felling test and both are absolutely excellent. Working with my son, we got through the work much faster, and more importantly, safer than I would have imagined felling over 30 medium sized trees in about 3 hours.
So many thanks indeed and I would absolutely recommend these tools to anyone involved in forestry work especially for people like myself who do this as a hobby not a profession as they make for so much safer working.”
Mike B, Cornwall
FREE DELIVERY of all Tree-Jacks
(Highlands & Islands +£10)
Which size Tree-Jack do I need?
Reipal’s advice is;
- If the logger cuts down Spruce as we have in Sweden and works in the woods all the time he should choose a Tree-Jack II. Small softwood trees may only need a Tree-Jack I. Here in Sweden Tree-Jack II and III are the most sold tools.
- But if he has a lot of trees bigger than Spruce around the forest, or needs to fell near to buildings, powerlines or roads and he should chose a Tree-Jack III.
- If he is going to cut down predominantly deciduous forest with mostly big trees he should chose a Tree-Jack IV to VI.
|12 kg||13.5 kg||15.5 kg||20 kg||21 kg||24 kg|
|Shortest length:||115 cm||135 cm||135 cm||135 cm||135 cm||135 cm|
|(w/o top part):||105 cm||120 cm||120 cm||120 cm||120 cm||120 cm|
|Top part in:||115- 195cm||135- 220cm||135- 220cm||135- 220cm||135- 220cm||135- 220cm|
|Top part out:||175- 255cm||185- 270cm||185- 270cm||185- 270cm||185- 270cm||185- 270cm|
|Ratio/Lift capacity:||20/ 1500 kg||23/ 1800 kg||28/ 2100 kg||34/ 2550 kg||40/ 3000 kg||50/ 3600 kg|
|Price ex VAT
Tested and evaluated by Forest Research, an agency of the Forestry Commission
|Reipal pusher forestry jack, Technical note 18/97.Forestry Commission. Technical Development Branch, 1998||Technical Note Download|
|“A good piece of equipment designed to make take down of trees easier and less strenuous on the opperator”“The RPJ (UK name Reipal Tree-Jack) can assist the operator to take down a tree that has an unfavourable lean, safely and with less effort”|
Tree-Jack Timber Tools in action:
- Decide where you want your tree to fall and make a directional cut (gob).
- Pull out the top part of the Tree-Jack and fix in place with the pin. Then place the Tree-Jack against the trunk and extend until the jaw bites in firmly and cannot move.
- Make your horizontal cut through the tree as normal, leaving a 3-5cm hinge to stabilise the fall.
- The Tree-Jack offers safety and added confidence – behind it is your ‘Safe-Zone’ for tools, retreat, or objects that the tree must not fall onto.
- Wind out the Tree-Jack and push the tree into your felling area in a single controlled operation. The gearbox ratio offers a big mechanical advantage and massive pushing power.
See here for detailed Manufactures instructions on usage