PCW5000 & PCW3000 Honda Petrol-powered capstan winches at Orion Heating, an approved retailer for Portable Winch.
The only truly portable Petrol Powered rope winch
A top quality tool manufactured in Canada to very high standards
Powerful and robust. The kind of tool that goes out on every job. The line speed is good for most task, but it can do a rapid 18 metres per minute by swapping the capstan drum. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON THE PCW5000
Lightweight and powerful for it’s size. Easy to pack away, especially if using 10mm rope. Light to carry long distances using the case and backpack adaptor. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON THE PCW3000
To place orders for Portable Winch phone 01279 813591 or email email@example.com
How our customers use their winches;
- bring down hung-up trees safely
- pull out of reach logs to a track or processing site
- get a vehicle un-stuck, out of a ditch or free from a snow drift
- extract logs from steep or sloping terrain
- in combination with a Logrite Fetching arch to forward large logs
- haul a stag out of the undergrowth or water
- save ponies and horses stuck in streams and bogs
- extract inaccessible timber from moats, rivers and streams
- drag reeds and cuttings from wetland
- pull boats up beaches and slipways
- manoeuvre yachts inside a marina
- salvage trolleys and bikes from canals
- lift items from the seabed
- move water pumps along narrow culverts or the Eden Project walkways
- pull cables across inaccessible objects
- pull cabling for solar farm installations
- drag heavy objects up a hill instead of carrying them
Many more examples here……
If you need to carry out these or similar tasks then Portable Winch is for you.
A quality Canadian product, designed for reliable performance outdoors. Use the Portable Winch with any length of double braided polyester low stretch rope, available to buy from us in any length required.
Quite simply the rope is tied to the object to be moved and wound three or four times around the capstan drum. A guiding pull causes the rope to grip and the engine does the work.
Please phone to find out what we currently have on display or to discuss the great features of these winches in more detail. Winches can be delivered throughout the UK and Ireland, please phone to discuss delivery.
Portable Winch PCW5000
Petrol Winch – 1000kg Pull
This winch is lightweight, portable, petrol powered, and has a 1000 kg (2200 lb) single line pulling capacity. Using a snatch block this can be doubled to pull 2000kg objects.
- PCW5000: Engine: 4-stroke Honda GXH-50 cc
- Gear box: Aluminium alloy
- Unit weight (dry): 16 kg (35 lb)
- Dimensions (overall): 37,1 cm Length x 36,6 cm Width x 36,6 cm Height (14-5/8” x 14-3/8” x 14-3/8”)
- Rope: Low stretch double braided polyester (not included) – Unlimited rope length
- Minimum diameter: 10 mm (3/8”)
- Maximum diameter: 16 mm (5/8”)
- Recommended: 12 – 13 mm (1/2”)
- PCW5000: Gear ratio: 110:1 Pulling force (according to drum diameter):
- Installed: 57 mm (2-1/4”) drum: 1000 kg (2200 lb)
- Optional: 85 mm (3-3/8”) drum: 635 kg (1400 lb)
- Speed (according to drum diameter):
- Installed: 57 mm (2-1/4”) drum: 12 m/min (40’/min)
- Optional: 85 mm (3-3/8”) drum: 18 m/min (60’/min)
When the engine is running, the 57 mm capstan drum rotates continuously and the friction created by pulling on the free end of the rope pulls the object. With the 57 mm (2-1/4”) capstan drum, the load will move at a speed up to 12 m/minute (40’/min), depending on the weight of the load. You can also buy the 85 mm (3-3/8”) capstan drum which will give you up to 18 m/minute (60’/min) speed. Get more details by downloading the user manual below.
DOWNLOAD USER MANUAL for PCW5000
Portable Winch PCW3000
Petrol Winch – 700kg Pull
The PCW3000 Portable Capstan Winch is very light: only 9,5 kg (20 lb) but very powerful: 700 kg (1550 lb) straight line pulls, doubled to 1400kg using a pulley.
- Engine: 4-stroke all positions Honda GX-35 cc
- Maximum pulling force (single line): 700 kg (1550 lb)
- Speed: 8 m/min (26 ft/min)
- Capstan drum: 76 mm (3’’) diameterGear box: Aluminum alloy;
- Up to 4 wraps of 10 mm (3/8’’) rope
- Gear ratio 200:1
- Unit weight: 9,5 kg (20 lb)
- Dimensions (overall): Length 35 cm x Width 28,9 cm x Height 26,1 cm (13-3/4’’ x 11-3/8’’ x 10-1/4’’)
- Rope: Double braided polyester (not included) – Unlimited rope length
- Minimum diameter: 10 mm (3/8’’)
- Maximum diameter: 12-13 mm (1/2’’)
Powered by Honda’s 35 cc 4-stroke all position engine, it offers great reliability but with added transportability. Complemented by a line of specific accessories that are geared for transport over long distances, on a lightweight backpack carrier (PCA-0104), or strapped onto a vehicle and protected inside it’s custom high resistance plastic carry case (PCA-0102), this innovative winch is unparalleled on the market and is perfect for hunters, foresters, boaters, snowmobilers or quad riders and other applications requiring a more compact and portable winch.
DOWNLOAD USER MANUAL for PCW3000
EASY TO USE PETROL POWERED WINCH:
PCW3000 and PCW5000 – Flyer
Anchor it to a tree, a stump, a post using the provided 2 m (6’) polyester sling or to the ball hitch of a vehicle with the optional hitch plate winch anchor (PCA-1261).Thanks to the capstan principle, there is no limit to the rope length. You’ll be able to pull what you want, where you want. Also, unlike conventional winches, it offers a constant pulling power. The rope is tied to the load and the other end is wrapped 3 or 4 turns on the capstan drum. When the engine is running, the capstan drum is automatically turning. You simply have to pull on the rope to apply friction on the drum to pull the load.
Top quality 4-stroke Honda GXH-50 cc engine
Find your local Honda approved service centre for engine oils and routine services Search by postcode
Fuel Efficient, High Output Operation
Precision camshaft design
OHV design for increased efficiency and optimal power transfer
High compression ratio for better fuel efficiency
Precision engineered components result in lower vibration
Ball bearing supported crankshaft for greater stability
Large capacity, multi-chamber exhaust system
Reduced mechanical noise due to light weight, noise-reducing materials
Forged steel crankshaft and rigid crankcase
Sophisticated air intake system
High quality materials, fit, and finish
Easy to Use and Maintain, Easy Starting
Large fuel tanks
Easily accessible spark plug
Heavy duty recoil starter
Automatic mechanical de-compression system
CARB and EPA certified
No catalyst necessary
Spark arrester available
Portable Winch at Orion Heating
We supply Portable Winch throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are an apporved retailer for Portable Winch in the UK and Ireland
Find our Dealer listing on the Portable Winch website, along with full product descriptions and helpful videos.