Honda Petrol-powered capstan pulling winches at Orion Heating, an approved retailer for Portable Winch.
OUR CUSTOMERS USE THEIR WINCHES TO;
- bring down hung-up trees,
- pull out of reach logs after felling,
- get a vehicle un-stuck,
- in combination with a Logrite Fetching arch,
- haul a stag out of the undergrowth or water,
- save ponies and horses from streams and bogs,
- extract timber from moats, rivers and streams,
- drag reeds and cuttings from wetland,
- pull small boats up beaches and slipways,
- salvage trolleys and bikes from canals,
- pull cables across inaccessible land…..
If you need to carry out these or similar tasks then Portable Winch is for you.
A quality Canadian product, designed for reliable performance outdoors. Use the Portable Winch with any length of double braided polyester low stretch rope, available to buy in any length.
Quite simply the rope is tied to the object to be moved and wound three or four times around the capstan drum. A guiding pull causes the rope to grip and the engine does the work.
Please phone to find out what we currently have on display or to discuss the great features of these winches in more detail. Winches can be delivered throughout the UK, please phone to discuss delivery.
Portable Winch PCW5000
Petrol Winch – 1000kg Pull
- PCW5000 and PCW5000-HS: Engine: 4-stroke Honda GXH-50 cc
- Gear box: Aluminum alloy
- Unit weight (dry): 16 kg (35 lb)
- Dimensions (overall): 37,1 cm Length x 36,6 cm Width x 36,6 cm Height (14-5/8” x 14-3/8” x 14-3/8”)
- Rope: Low stretch double braided polyester (not included) – Unlimited rope length
- Minimum diameter: 10 mm (3/8”)
- Maximum diameter: 16 mm (5/8”)
- Recommended: 12 – 13 mm (1/2”)
- PCW5000: Gear ratio: 110:1 Pulling force (according to drum diameter):
- Installed: 57 mm (2-1/4”) drum: 1000 kg (2200 lb)
- Optional: 85 mm (3-3/8”) drum: 635 kg (1400 lb)
- Speed (according to drum diameter):
- Installed: 57 mm (2-1/4”) drum: 12 m/min (40′/min)
- Optional: 85 mm (3-3/8”) drum: 18 m/min (60′/min)
When the engine is running, the 57 mm capstan drum rotates continuously and the friction created by pulling on the free end of the rope pulls the object. With the 57 mm (2-1/4”) capstan drum, the load will move at a speed up to 12 m/minute (40′/min), depending on the weight of the load. You can also buy the 85 mm (3-3/8”) capstan drum which will give you up to 18 m/minute (60′/min) speed. Get more details by downloading the user manual below.
Portable Winch PCW3000
Petrol Winch – 700kg Pull
The PCW3000 Portable Capstan Winch is very light: only 9,5 kg (20 lb) but very powerful: 700 kg (1550 lb) straight line pulls, doubled to 1400kg using a pulley.
NEW – Portable Winch PCW3000-HK Hinting Kit
Available as a “Hunting Kit” with Backpack, rope and accessories – Perfect for taking out on expeditions, shoots or forestry work where vehicular access is impossible.
- Engine: 4-stroke all positions Honda GX-35 cc
- Maximum pulling force (single line): 700 kg (1550 lb)
- Speed: 8 m/min (26 ft/min)
- Capstan drum: 76 mm (3’’) diameterGear box: Aluminum alloy;
- Up to 4 wraps of 10 mm (3/8’’) rope
- Gear ratio 200:1
- Unit weight: 9,5 kg (20 lb)
- Dimensions (overall): Length 35 cm x Width 28,9 cm x Height 26,1 cm (13-3/4’’ x 11-3/8’’ x 10-1/4’’)
- Rope: Double braided polyester (not included) – Unlimited rope length
- Minimum diameter: 10 mm (3/8’’)
- Maximum diameter: 12-13 mm (1/2’’)
Powered by Honda’s 35 cc 4-stroke all position engine, it offers great reliability but with added transportability. Complemented by a line of specific accessories (click here to see assortment PCW3000-HK) that are geared for transport over long distances, on a lightweight backpack carrier (PCA-0104), or strapped onto a vehicle and protected inside it custom high resistance plastic carry case (PCA-0102), this innovative winch is unparalleled on the market and is perfect for hunters, foresters, boaters, snowmobilers or quad riders and other applications requiring a more compact and portable winch.
EASY TO USE PETROL POWERED WINCH:
PCW3000 and PCW5000 – Flyer
Anchor it to a tree, a stump, a post using the provided 2 m (6’) polyester sling or to the ball hitch of a vehicle with the optional hitch plate winch anchor (PCA-1261).Thanks to the capstan principle, there is no limit to the rope length. You’ll be able to pull what you want, where you want. Also, unlike conventional winches, it offers a constant pulling power. The rope is tied to the load and the other end is wrapped 3 or 4 turns on the capstan drum. When the engine is running, the capstan drum is automatically turning. You simply have to pull on the rope to apply friction on the drum to pull the load.
Serving the East of England and home counties including Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and London. Find our Dealer listing on the Portable Winch website, along with full product descriptions and helpful videos.